Sunday, April 26, 2015

Great Cakes Soapworks - May Soap Challenge Club


Are you familiar with Amy Warden’s Soap Challenge Club? Each month she picks a new soaping technique to highlight, and offers a video tutorial where she demonstrates the technique and gives access to a helpful written tutorial along with tonnes of tips and tricks to help you learn the technique. The members then submit their own versions of the soaps that they have created based on this technique, and the soap club members vote on their favorites and the winners win fantastic prizes such as gift certificates or supplies such as soaping equipment or fragrances. Last month, Amy was able to add a great new international option - so, those of us that are outside of the US can compete separately and win prizes too! :)

For this next month, I was so honored that Amy asked me to guest host the Soap Challenge Club! The theme this month is dessert soaps - and you know how much I love foodie soaps! I got right to work designing some fun dessert-themed soaps:

Blueberry Pies:


 Carrot Cakes:


Raspberry Milkshakes:


Ombre Rosette Cakes:


Believe it or not - that was the easy part! The next challenge for me was to shoot a video tutorial - I have always avoided videos, they scare me! But, I’m always up for a challenge and thought that this would be a good opportunity to learn how to do this. In the video tutorial, I explain how I made an assortment of the dessert soaps seen above, along with how to make the fondant-like soap that I used to sculpt the carrots on the top of the carrot cakes. In the written tutorial, I offer lots of options, tips and tricks that can be used for making desserts soaps.  

So, if you enjoy a challenge - this is exactly what you are looking for! The Soap Challenge Club is a great way to stretch your soapmaking skills and learn some new techniques you may have not had the opportunity to try before. The membership will grant you access to the private instructional video and written instructions during the month of the challenge. This month’s grand prize for the U.S. soapmakers is a $100 gift certificate from Bramble Berry, and for the international soapmakers it is a $100 gift certificate from Voyageur Soap & Candle Co!!

In addition to the grand prizes, there will also be two 2nd and 3rd place winners and 2 Sponsor's Choice prize winners! Voyageur will provide a $25 gift certificates for their 3 winners, and Bramble Berry will have these 4-oz fragrance oils for their 3 winners:



2nd and 3rd place winners will receive free registration to the next month's Challenge Club as well!

Registration opens April 27 and closes May 4, 2015. Here is the link to register: https://www.greatcakessoapworks.com/products/soap-challenge-club-membership

Looking forward to seeing you there, and I can’t wait to see what creative dessert soaps you guys come up with! 
post signature

10 comments:

  1. You're certainly the right person for this challenge. I know you're equally excellent at as real cake- ,as soap making, so no doubt you have made a great video for the contestants!
    Your demo soaps look so delicious and congrats for your patience and virtuosity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maja for your kind words! Some of the smaller details do take a bit of patience, but the reward is worth the effort! :D xo

      Delete
  2. Congrats!!! I am pretty excited about this one and have been scoping out Pinterest for ideas. I think I have some. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, I'm super excited to see what you come up with Roxana - can't wait!!! :D

      Delete
  3. Those are so adorable Cee! I can't wait to see the entries that come in. You are such a huge inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monica, I can't wait to see everyone's entries - it's going to be amazing! :)

      Delete
  4. I can't believe how pretty and smal they are! This means hours of patience!!! Congratulaions, Cee!
    Love especially that milshake, looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really Grate Cee! Food and cakes are continuous inspiration for soapmaking and there is no better host than you for this type of challenge. Good luck with video and hardly wait to see all beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these soaps are so cute. What a great idea! My favorite is the Raspberry Milkshake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire the valuable information you offer inside your content. I will bookmark your Action Fuel Pro weblog and also have my youngsters test up right here often. Im fairly sure theyll learn a lot of new stuff here than anyone else!A note to Steven - I expect that it would make things seem strange at first, but the majority of people I have spoken to reckon it is still worth trying.testament druce breadcrumb mews scarpa whimper thaniel dossett cupricHey - great weblog, just looking about some blogs, seems a fairly good platform you are utilizing.http://www.strongtesterone.com/is-action-fuel-pro-scam-or-fake/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
10